ESL 292: It Doesn't Have That "New Car" Smell

Download

Dylan's car was 20 years old, but the faded paint made it look even older. His friend Joe told him no girl would ever go out in a car that looked like that. So Dylan took the car to a paint shop and got it painted dark blue for only $200. He was very pleased with the new look. The car stereo did not work. Joe told him that no girl wanted to be in a car without a good sound system. So Dylan bought a nice stereo and installed it himself.

Months went by. One day, Dylan told Joe that no girl had ridden in his "new" car yet. "That's because there are other problems," Joe told him. "Like what?" "Well, you don't exactly have the world's best personality," Joe said. "That's a little more important than a paint job." So Dylan told Joe he would ask a psychologist to give him a new personality.

Recently, Dylan had a new problem—gasoline. He smelled gas after he started his car; he smelled it while driving the car. Was he driving a bomb? What if someone tossed out a cigarette near his car? Would it explode into a thousand pieces—pieces that included Dylan?

That night, he opened his car manual. It was a well-thumbed book. He had a car problem at least once a month, and he was always looking up ways to fix the problems. He thought this might be a carburetor problem.

The next day, he took his toolbox out to his car. He opened the hood. He started up the car and looked all around the carburetor for a gas leak. He could smell the gas, but he couldn't find a liquid trail. After a few minutes, however, he found the source of the problem. It was the fuel line.

"All right!" he thought. "All I have to do is buy a new line and install it." But it wasn't long before he realized that this was a job for a mechanic. So he got into his car, opened all the windows, and drove to the closest mechanic. The mechanic quoted Dylan a price of only $50. He told Dylan to come back in an hour.

Dylan walked down the street to the coffee shop and bought himself a cup of coffee. He read the paper, drank the coffee, and then walked back to the shop.

"We couldn't fix it," said the mechanic. "The fuel line wasn't the problem; you need a new fuel pump."

"A new fuel pump? How much is that?" Dylan asked.

"Parts and labor? I think it'll be about $200. We'll have to special-order the pump. This car is so old that they might not even make pumps for it any more. Do you want me to try to order it for you? You'll have to put the money up first, of course."

"Let me think about it. Here's the $50 I owe you. I'll give you a call when I decide what to do."

But Dylan had already decided what to do. He had bought his car for only $1,100, but had put over $3,000 into it since then. When he got home, he called the Car Donation Corporation. They would take the car off his hands for free. Enough was enough. It was time to let go.

445295 top -

*Vocabulary:

• bomb:
• carburetor:
• corporation:
• donation:
• explode:
• fade:
• fuel:
• gasoline:
• hood:
• install:
• liquid:
• manual:
• mechanic:
• owe:
• personality:
• psychologist:
• quote:
• stereo:
• thumb:
• toss:
• trail:

--------------------

*Wh-Questions:

• How old was Dylan's car?

• What was the paint like?

• Who was Joe?

• What would no girl ever do?

• Where did he take his car?

• What did he get done at the paint shop?

• How much was the paint job?

• What/Which color did he select?

• How did he like the paint job?

• What didn't work?

-------------------

*Fill in blanks:

Dylan’s car was 20 years old, but the ____ paint made it look even older. His friend ____ told him no girl would ever go out ____ a car that looked like that. So Dylan ____ the car to a paint shop and got ____ painted dark blue for only $200. He was ____ pleased with the new look. The car stereo ____ not work. Joe told him that no girl ____ to be in a car without a good ____ system. So Dylan bought a nice stereo and ____ it himself.

Months went by. One day, Dylan ____ Joe that no girl had ridden in his “____ ” car yet. “That’s because there are other problems,” ____ told him. “Like what?” “Well, you don’t exactly____ the world’s best personality,” Joe said. “That’s a ____ more important than a paint job.” So Dylan ____ Joe he would ask a psychologist to give a new personality.

Recently, Dylan had a new ____ —gasoline. He smelled gas after he started his car; ____ smelled it while driving the car. Was he ____ a bomb? What if someone tossed out a ____ near his car? Would it explode into a ____ pieces—pieces that included Dylan?

That night, he opened ____ car manual. It was a well-thumbed book. He ____ a car problem at least once a month, ____ he was always looking up ways to fix ____ problems. He thought this might be a carburetor ____ .

The next day, he took his toolbox out ____ his car. He opened the hood. He started ____ the car and looked all around the carburetor ____ a gas leak. He could smell the gas, ____ he couldn’t find a liquid trail. After a minutes, however, he found the source of the ____ . It was the fuel line.

“All right!” he ____ . “All I have to do is buy a ____ line and install it.” But it wasn’t long ____ he realized that this was a job for____ mechanic. So he got into his car, opened ____ the windows, and drove to the closest mechanic. ____ mechanic quoted Dylan a price of only $50. ____ told Dylan to come back in an hour.

____ walked down the street to the coffee shop ____ bought himself a cup of coffee. He read____ paper, drank the coffee, and then walked back ____ the shop.

“We couldn’t fix it,” said the ____ . “The fuel line wasn’t the problem; you need ____ new fuel pump.”

“A new fuel pump? How ____ is that?” Dylan asked.

“Parts and labor? I ____ it’ll be about $200. We’ll have to special-order ____ pump. This car is so old that they ____ not even make pumps for it any more. ____ you want me to try to order it____ you? You’ll have to put the money up ____ , of course.”

“Let me think about it. Here’s ____ $50 I owe you. I’ll give you a ____ when I decide what to do.”

But Dylan ____ already decided what to do. He had bought ____ car for only $1,100, but had put over____ ,000 into it since then. When he got home, ____ called the Car Donation Corporation. They would take ____ car off his hands for free. Enough was ____ . It was time to let go.

------------------

*Translate into Vietnamese:

445296 top -

*Vocabulary:

• bomb: bom
• carburetor: bộ chế hoà khí
• corporation: công ty
• donation: hiến tặng
• explode: bùng nổ
• fade: phai, tàn úa
• fuel: dầu
• gasoline: xăng
• hood: mũ
• install:cài đặt
• liquid: lỏng
• manual: hướng dẫn
• mechanic: cơ khí
• owe: nợ
• personality: cá nhân, nhân cách
• psychologist: tâm lý
• quote: báo giá
• stereo: âm thanh
• thumb: ngón tay cái
• toss: quăng
• trail: đường mòn

==========================================================

*Wh-Questions:

• How old was Dylan's car? 20 years old

• What was the paint like? fade

• Who was Joe? his friend

• What would no girl ever do? go out in a car that looked like that

• Where did he take his car? to a paint shop

• What did he get done at the paint shop? got it painted dark blue

• How much was the paint job? $200

• What/Which color did he select? dark blue

• How did he like the paint job? very pleased

• What didn't work? car stereo

===========================================================

*Fill in blanks:

Dylan’s car was 20 years old, but the __faded__ paint made it look even older. His friend __Joe__ told him no girl would ever go out __in__ a car that looked like that. So Dylan __took__ the car to a paint shop and got __it__ painted dark blue for only $200. He was __very__ pleased with the new look. The car stereo __did__ not work. Joe told him that no girl ____wanted__ to be in a car without a good ____sound__ system. So Dylan bought a nice stereo and ____installed__ it himself.

Months went by. One day, Dylan __told__ Joe that no girl had ridden in his “__new__ ” car yet. “That’s because there are other problems,” __Joe__ told him. “Like what?” “Well, you don’t exactly__have__ the world’s best personality,” Joe said. “That’s a ____little__ more important than a paint job.” So Dylan __told__ Joe he would ask a psychologist to give a new personality.

Recently, Dylan had a new ____problem__ —gasoline. He smelled gas after he started his car; __he__ smelled it while driving the car. Was he ____driving__ a bomb? What if someone tossed out a ____cigarette__ near his car? Would it explode into a ____thousand__ pieces—pieces that included Dylan?

That night, he opened __his__ car manual. It was a well-thumbed book. He _had___ a car problem at least once a month, __and__ he was always looking up ways to fix __the__ problems. He thought this might be a carburetor __problem__ .

The next day, he took his toolbox out __to__ his car. He opened the hood. He started __up__ the car and looked all around the carburetor __for__ a gas leak. He could smell the gas, __but__ he couldn’t find a liquid trail. After a minutes, however, he found the source of the __problem__ . It was the fuel line.

“All right!” he __thought__ . “All I have to do is buy a __new__ line and install it.” But it wasn’t long __before__ he realized that this was a job for__a__ mechanic. So he got into his car, opened _all___ the windows, and drove to the closest mechanic. __The__ mechanic quoted Dylan a price of only $50. _He___ told Dylan to come back in an hour.

____Dylan__ walked down the street to the coffee shop __and__ bought himself a cup of coffee. He read___the_ paper, drank the coffee, and then walked back __to__ the shop.

“We couldn’t fix it,” said the ____mechanic__ . “The fuel line wasn’t the problem; you need __a__ new fuel pump.”

“A new fuel pump? How __much__ is that?” Dylan asked.

“Parts and labor? I _think___ it’ll be about $200. We’ll have to special-order __the__ pump. This car is so old that they ____might__ not even make pumps for it any more. __Do__ you want me to try to order it__for__ you? You’ll have to put the money up ____first__ , of course.”

“Let me think about it. Here’s _the___ $50 I owe you. I’ll give you a _call___ when I decide what to do.”

But Dylan _had___ already decided what to do. He had bought __his__ car for only $1,100, but had put over___3_ ,000 into it since then. When he got home, __he__ called the Car Donation Corporation. They would take ___the_ car off his hands for free. Enough was ____enough__ . It was time to let go.

==========================================================

Không có mùi "Xe mới"

Xe của Dylan đã dùng 20 năm, nhưng màu sơn tàn tạ làm cho nó trông cũ hơn nữa. Joe bạn của anh bảo rằng không có cô gái nào sẽ đi chơi trong chiếc xe như vậy. Nên Dylan đem xe đến hiệu sơn và cho sơn chiếc xe màu xanh đậm với giá chỉ $200. Anh rất hài lòng với vẻ ngoài mới này. Giàn âm thanh của xe không hoạt động. Joe bảo anh không có cô gái nào muốn ngồi trong xe mà không có hệ thống âm thanh tốt. Nên Dylan mua một giàn âm thanh và tự lắp đặt.

Nhiều tháng trôi qua. Một hôm, Dylan bảo Joe rằng vẫn chưa có cô nào ngồi trong chiếc xe "mới" của anh. "Đó là vì có những vấn đề khác," Joe bảo anh. "Như cái gì?" Này, anh bạn không có đúng nhân cách tốt nhất của thế giới," Joe nói. "Điều đó quan trọng hơn một chút so với việc sơn xe." Nên Dylan bảo Joe rằng anh có thể hỏi nhà tâm lý học chỉ anh nhân cách mới.

Gần đây, Dylan có vấn đề mới - xăng. Anh ngửi thấy mùi xăng sau khi anh khởi động xe; trong khi lái xe. Anh có đang lái một quả bom không? Lỡ một người mào quăng mẫu thuốc gần chiếc xe của anh? Liệu nó có nổ thành hàng ngàn mảnh - những mảnh có cả Dylan trong đó?

Tối đó, anh mở quyển hướng dẫn dùng xe. Đó là một quyển sách tốt. Anh có vấn đề với xe ít nhất một lần mỗi tháng, và anh luôn tìm cách sửa. Anh nghĩ có lẽ là do vấn đề bộ chế hoà khí.

Hôm sau, anh cầm hộp đồ nghề ra xe. Anh mở nắp. Anh khởi động xe và nhìn quanh bộ chế hoà khí để tìm chổ rỉ xăng. Anh có thể ngửi mùi xăng, nhưng không tìm thấy đường rỉ của chất lỏng. Sau vài phút, dù sao, anh cũng tìm ra vấn đề. Đó là do đường dẫn dầu.

"Được rồi!" anh nghĩ. "Tất cả điều mình cần làm là mua dây dẫn dầu vào lắp nó vào." Nhưng không lâu để anh nhận ra đó là việc của thợ cơ khí. Nên anh vào xe, mở hết cửa sổ, và lái đến chổ thợ cơ khí gần nhất. Thợ cơ khí chào giá cho Dylan chỉ $50. Anh ấy bảo Dylan quay lại sau một tiếng.

Dylan đi bộ xuống đường đến tiệm cà phê và mua một tách cà phê cho mình. Anh đọc báo, uống hết cà phê, và đi trở lại tiệm cơ khí.

"Chúng tôi không sửa được nó," thợ cơ khí nói. "Đường dẫn dầu không phải là vấn đề; anh cần cái bơm dầu mới."

"Cái bơm dầu mới? Giá bao nhiêu?" Dylan hỏi.

"Linh kiện và công ráp? Khoảng chừng #200. Chúng tôi phải đặt hàng đặc biệt cho cái bơm. Chiếc xe này quá cũ có thể họ không còn làm bơm cho nó nữa. Anh có muốn tôi thử đặt hàng cho anh không? Anh phải đặt tiền trước, dĩ nhiên."

"Để tôi suy nghĩ về việc đó đã. Đây là $50 tôi nợ anh. Tôi sẽ gọi cho anh khi đã quyết định làm gì."

Nhưng Dylan đã quyết định làm gì. Anh đã mua chiếc xe này chỉ $1,100, nhưng đã trả $3,000 cho nó từ lúc đó. Khi anh về đến nhà, anh gọi công ty để tặng xe. Họ sẽ nhận chiếc xe miễn phí. Quá đủ rồi. Đã đến lúc phải bỏ nó đi.

445398 top -
LESSON 292:

IT DOESN'T HAVE THAT "NEW CAR" SMELL -
KHÔNG CÓ MÙI "XE MỚI"

*Vocabulary:

-----------------------------------------------------------------
• bomb: quả bom.
• carburetor: bộ chế hoà khí.
• corporation: tập đoàn, công ty kinh doanh.
• donation: tặng phẩm.
• explode: nổ, nổ tung, làm nổ.
• fade: héo, tàn(cây), nhạt, phai(màu).
• fuel: nhiên liệu, chất đốt.
• gasoline: xăng.
• hood: ca-pô.
• install: lắp đặt.
• liquid: chất lỏng.
• manual: cẩm nang, sổ tay chỉ dẫn.
• mechanic: cơ khí.
• owe: nợ.
• personality: nhân cách, tính cách, nét đặc trưng riêng.
• psychologist: nhà tâm lý học.
• quote: trích dẫn, định giá, đặt giá.
• stereo: âm thanh nổi, dàn âm thanh.
• thumb: ngón tay cái.
• toss: buông, thả, ném, quăng.
• trail: đường mòn, vết, vạch, dấu vết.

*Wh-Questions:
• How old was Dylan's car?
- It was 20 years old.

• What was the paint like?
-The paint was faded.

• Who was Joe?
- Joe was Dylan's firiend.

• What would no girl ever do?
- They would ever go out in an old car.

• Where did he take his car?
- He took his cả to the paint shop.

• What did he get done at the paint shop?
- He got his car painted dark blue.

• How much was the paint job?
- It cost ony $200.

• What/Which color did he select?
- He selected dark blue.

• How did he like the paint job?
- He was very pleased.

• What didn't work?
- The car stereo did not work.

*Fill in blanks:
Dylan’s car was 20 years old, but the the paint made it look even older. His friend Joe told him no girl would ever go out in a car that looked like that. So Dylan took the car to a paint shop and got it painted dark blue for only $200. He was very pleased with the new look. The car stereo did not work. Joe told him that no girl wanted to be in a car without a good sound system. So Dylan bought a nice stereo and installed it himself.

Months went by. One day, Dylan told Joe that no girl had ridden in his “new ” car yet. “That’s because there are other problems,” Joe told him. “Like what?” “Well, you don’t exactly have the world’s best personality,” Joe said. “That’s a little more important than a paint job.” So Dylan told Joe he would ask a psychologist to give a new personality.

Recently, Dylan had a new problem—gasoline. He smelled gas after he started his car; He smelled it while driving the car. Was he driving a bomb? What if someone tossed out a cigarrette near his car? Would it explode into a thousand pieces—pieces that included Dylan?

That night, he opened his car manual. It was a well-thumbed book. He had a car problem at least once a month, and he was always looking up ways to fix hisproblems. He thought this might be a carburetor problem .

The next day, he took his toolbox out to his car. He opened the hood. He started up the car and looked all around the carburetor for a gas leak. He could smell the gas, but he couldn’t find a liquid trail. After a minutes, however, he found the source of the problem. It was the fuel line.

“All right!” he thought. “All I have to do is buy a new line and install it.” But it wasn’t long before he realized that this was a job for the mechanic. So he got into his car, opened all the windows, and drove to the closest mechanic. The mechanic quoted Dylan a price of only $50. He told Dylan to come back in an hour.

Dylan walked down the street to the coffee shop and bought himself a cup of coffee. He read read paper, drank the coffee, and then walked back to the shop.

“We couldn’t fix it,” said the mechanic. “The fuel line wasn’t the problem; you need a new fuel pump.”

“A new fuel pump? How much is that?” Dylan asked.

“Parts and labor? I think it’ll be about $200. We’ll have to special-order the pump. This car is so old that they might not even make pumps for it any more. Doyou want me to try to order it for you? You’ll have to put the money up first, of course.”

“Let me think about it. Here’s the $50 I owe you. I’ll give you a call when I decide what to do.”

But Dylan had already decided what to do. He had bought his car for only $1,100, but had put over 3,000 into it since then. When he got home, he called the Car Donation Corporation. They would take the car off his hands for free. Enough was enough. It was time to let go.

------------------------------------------------------------------
Chiếc xe của Dylan dùng đã được 20 năm rồi, nhưng cái màu sơn bạc phếch thậm chí làm cho nó trông cũ hơn nữa. Anh bạn Joe bảo anh sẽ không bao giờ có cô gái nào chịu đi chơi trên một chiếc xe trông như thế cả. Vì thế Dylan mang chiếc xe ra tiệm sơn và sơn màu xanh đậm với giá 200 đô-la. Anh rất hài lòng với vẻ ngoài mới mẻ của chiếc xe. Dàn âm thanh trên xe không hoạt động. Joe bảo với anh rằng chẳng có cô gái nào muốn ở trong một chiếc xe không có hệ thống âm thanh tuyệt vời cả. Vì thế Dylan mua một dàn âm thanh tốt và anh tự mình lắp đặt.

Một vài tháng trôi qua. Một ngày nọ, Dylan bảo Joe không có cô gái nào đi trên chiếc xe "mới" của anh. "Như thế vì còn có những vấn đề khác nữa ," Joe bảo với anh. "Thế như cái gì chứ?" "Thế nào, cậu đúng là không có tính cách tốt nhất thế giới mà," Joe nói. "Điều đó hơi quan trọng hơn việc sơn phết." Do đó Dylan bảo Joe là anh sẽ xin ý kiến một nhà tâm lý học để có một tính cách mới.

Vừa mới đây, Dylan lại có một vấn đề mới-xăng. Anh ngửi thấy mùi xăng sau khi anh khởi động máy; anh ngửi thấy mùi xăng khi anh lái xe. Anh đang lái một quả bom chăng? Chuyện gì xảy ra nếu ai đó ném một điếu thuốc gần chiếc xe của anh? Nó sẽ nổ tung thành một ngàn mảnh-những mảnh đó có bao gồm cả Dylan?

Đêm đó, anh giở cuốn sách hướng dẫn ra. Đó là một cuốn sách đã sờn nhàu. Anh có một chiếc xe gặp vấn đề ít nhất một lần trong tháng, và anh luôn luôn phải tìm ra cách để giải quyết các vấn đề. Anh nghĩ có thể bộ chế hoà khí bị trục trặc.

Ngày hôm sau, anh mang thùng dụng cụ ra ngoài chiếc xe và nhìn quanh bộ chế hoà khí để kiếm chỗ rò rỉ xăng. Anh có thể ngủi thấy mùi xăng, nhưng anh không thể tìm thấy vết nước. Tuy thế, sau một vài phút, anh đã tìm ta căn nguyên của vấn đề. Đó là dây dẫn nhiên liệu.

"Tốt rồi!" anh nghĩ. "Tất cả những gì mình phải làm là mua một dây dẫn mới và lắp đặt thôi." Nhưng không bao lâu sau đó anh nhận ra rằng đó là công việc của một người thợ sửa xe. Vì thế anh vào xe, mở tất cả các cửa sổ, và lái tới chỗ bác thợ sửa xe gần nhất. Ngừơi thợ máy định giá cho Dylan với giá chỉ có 50 đô-la. Ông bảo Dylan quay trở lại trong một tiếng nữa.

Dylan đi xuống phố vào một tiệm cà phê và mua cho mình một tách càphê. Anh đọc báo, uống cà-phê và đi trở lại tiệm sửa xe.

"Chúng tôi không thể sửa được." người thợ máy nói. "Dây dẫn xăng không phải là vấn đề; cậu cần một cái bơm xăng mới."

"Một cái bơm xăng mới. "Cái đó giá bao nhiêu thế?" Dylan hỏi.

"Tính cả vật liệu và công xá luôn hả?" Tôi nghĩ nó sẽ khoảng 200 đô-la. Chúng tôi sẽ phải đặt một cái bơm đặc biệt. Chiếc xe này quá cũ nên người ta thậm chí không sản xuất bơm cho nó nữa. Cậu có cần tôi thử đặt nó cho cậu không? Tất nhiên cậu phải đưa tiền trước.

"Để tôi suy nghĩ thêm nhé. Đây là 50 đô-la tôi nợ ông. Tôi sẽ gọi cho ông khi tôi quyết định xong."

Nhưng Dylan vừa mới quyết định phải làm gì. Anh mua chiếc xe này chỉ với giá 1.100 đô-la, nhưng anh đã bỏ vào nó hơn 3.000 đô-la kể từ lúc đó. Khi trở về nhà anh gọi cho Công ty hiến tặng xe hơi. Họ sẽ tống khứ chiếc xe miễn phí. Như thế đã quá đủ. Đã đến lúc phải cho nó đi rồi.

491895 top -

. 1.New To America
. 2.A Haircut
. 3.The Yardman
. 4.Grab Your Umbrellas
. 5.Shopping for Bargains
. 6.Horses to Ride
. 7.A Shower Injury
. 8.Pete's Sharp Knife
. 9.A Good Sandwich
. 10.Sara's Upset Stomach
. 11.Please Marry Me!
. 12.Laundry Day
. 13.A Noisy Neighbor
. 14.The New Realtor
. 15.The Fire Alarm
. 16.Eddie's Short Visit
. 17.Carbon Monoxide
. 18.A Visit to Asia
. 19.School Boys
. 20.The Loose Button
. 21.The Pile of Paper
. 22.Brushing and Flossing
. 23.Raising the Kids
. 24.A Clean Toilet Bowl
. 25.A Love Letter
. 26.A Bird Attacks
. 27.A Daytime Robbery
. 28.Trick or Treat
. 29.The Motorcycle Rider
. 30.Spock Saves His Dad
. 31.Provider Overbills Customer
. 32.The Breakup
. 33.Famous Model Dies
. 34.Shopping Carts Everywhere
. 35.Four Slit Throats
. 36.Does Garlic Mean Garlic?
. 37.A Jealous Girlfriend
. 38.Towns Hit by Snowstorms
. 39.Another Jealous Girlfriend
. 40.She Loves Her Son
. 41.The Doctor’s Exam
. 42.Hospitals Can Make You Sick
. 43.English Is So Hard
. 44.Hollywood Stars and Tourists
. 45.GEICO’s TV Lizard
. 46.Law and Order in LA
. 47.Destruction of Iraq
. 48.Have You Seen This Man?
. 49.LA Traffic Report
. 50.LA Radio News

. 51.Trash Truck Misses Pick-up
. 52.Her First Driving Accident
. 53.You’re Not a Good Principal
. 54.I’ve Got You Covered
. 55.Paris Goes to Jail in LA
. 56.A Year with No TV
. 57.Let’s Buy Some Paint
. 58.I Need Water for My Clients
. 59.Putting Bunny to Sleep
. 60.Where Is That Darn Battery?
. 61.If You Really Love Me…
. 62.The Wedding Gift (1)
. 63.The Wedding Gift (2)
. 64.Does a Tiger Change Its Stripes?
. 65.No Place Like an Open House
. 66."We Could Have All Died!"
. 67.It’s the Thought that Counts
. 68.Who Ordered the Scallops?
. 69.You’re Not My Daddy
. 70.Let He Who Is Without Sin…
. 71.Shopping at the 99 Cents Store
. 72.Betting Big in Vegas
. 73.Priced to Sell!
. 74.The Handyman Comes
. 75.A Woman Has Needs
. 76.A Hot Day and a Cool Pool
. 77.Up, Up, and Away
. 78.Man's Best Friend
. 79.Six Feet Under
. 80.An Unhappy Worker
. 81.Why the Sky Is Brown
. 82.It’s a Small World
. 83.Suspicious Shoppers
. 84.Death Is Part of Life
. 85.Tagger Shoots Woman
. 86.Crime on the Rise
. 87.Too Soft on Crime
. 88.Pluto Chases Kid
. 89.In Harm’s Way
. 90."Semper Buy"
. 91.A Little Respect, Please
. 92.A Dream from Beyond-1
. 93.A Dream from Beyond-2
. 94.A Trip to Egypt
. 95.No Doughnuts for Old Folks
. 96.It’s Just Business
. 97.A Walk in the Wild
. 98.Elvis Is Alive and Well
. 99.Bad Weed, Bad Call
. 100.Shark Attack

. 101.Love in the Hospital
. 102.Interstate Bridge Collapses
. 103.Stop Selling Those Bunnies
. 104.Actor Tries to Kill Himself
. 105.US Senator Says He’s not Gay
. 106.E.Coli Is Everywhere
. 107.Influenza
. 108.The Hospital Orderly-1
. 109.The Hospital Orderly-2
. 110.Flower Power
. 111.Dog Inherits Millions
. 112.Man Holds Staff Hostage
. 113.Young Boy Defends Sister
. 114.Remember Me?
. 115.The Way to a Man’s Heart
. 116.Sail Around the World
. 117.New Dog-Barking Law
. 118.Man Flies in Lawn Chair-1
. 119.Man Flies in Lawn Chair-2
. 120.Cleaning a Dirty Plate
. 121.Her Driving Lesson
. 122.Hurricane Dean
. 123.Adventurer Disappears
. 124.Nursing Student Disappears
. 125.The Lovely Banana
. 126.Smells like Chicken
. 127.The Wedding-1
. 128.The Wedding-2
. 129.The Waiter
. 130.Your Country Thanks You
. 131.D.B.Cooper Lives On-1
. 132.D.B.Cooper Lives On-2
. 133.I’m No Alcoholic!
. 134.48 Homes Burn Down-1
. 135.48 Homes Burn Down-2
. 136.Drought Attacks Georgia
. 137.A Bad MRI Experience
. 138.Body in a Barrel-1
. 139.Body in a Barrel-2
. 140.Red Meat, Gray Water
. 141.All Bite, No Bark
. 142.Tiger Kills Two Men-1
. 143.Tiger Kills Two Men-2
. 144.Red Flowers Make Her See Red
. 145.The Starbucks Robbery
. 146.The Argument-1
. 147.The Argument-2
. 148.The Toilet Tank-1
. 149.The Toilet Tank-2
. 150.Santa Was Molested

. 151.Fire Kills Two Young Girls
. 152.Police Arrest Fire-Starters
. 153.Get out of "Jail"-1
. 154.Get out of "Jail"-2
. 155.New Year Celebrations
. 156.$50K to Waitress-1
. 157.$50K to Waitress-2
. 158.Who Needs School?
. 159.Black Friday
. 160.JFK Assassination
. 161.Don’t Top Off the Tanks
. 162.The Clapper
. 163.Tuberculosis Still Kills
. 164.Old Dogs Become Young Again
. 165.Ham and Eggplant
. 166.A Hole in Her Ear-1
. 167.A Hole in Her Ear-2
. 168.The Drugs Keep Coming
. 169.Missing Husband-1
. 170.Missing Husband-2
. 171.Don’t Get Mad-Get Even
. 172.The Christmas Gift-1
. 173.The Christmas Gift-2
. 174.The Haircut-1
. 175.The Haircut-2
. 176.The Robbery at the Mall-1
. 177.The Robbery at the Mall-2
. 178.The Driving Lesson-1
. 179.The Driving Lesson-2
. 180.The Move to Georgia-1
. 181.The Move to Georgia-2
. 182.I’ll Get a Job in a Restaurant
. 183.A Cleaner River-1
. 184.A Cleaner River-2
. 185.The Spitter
. 186.Kill Those Flies-1
. 187.Kill Those Flies-2
. 188.The Oil Change-1
. 189.The Oil Change-2
. 190.Boy Starts Huge Fire
. 191.Writers Go on Strike
. 192.Please Don’t Hurt Me!
. 193.It’s Just a Little White Lie
. 194.Jury Service in California
. 195.The Rude Golfer-1
. 196.The Rude Golfer-2
. 197.Man Invents Toilet for Cars
. 198.Monkeys Cause Man’s Death
. 199.The Light Eater-1
. 200.The Light Eater-2

. 201.Sara Went Shopping
. 202.Man Injured at Fast Food Place
. 203.A Life-Saving Cow
. 204.Driver Loses Mabel, Finds Jail
. 205.Jerry Decided To Buy a Gun
. 206.Freeway Chase
. 207.Better To Be Unlucky
. 208.Food Fight Erupted in Prison
. 209.How His Pig is Doing
. 210.Goats Being Hired
. 211.A Missing Cat
. 212.Book Him
. 213.Water Under the Sink-1
. 214.Water Under the Sink-2
. 215.Theft Occurs Everywhere
. 216.Eggs and a Bunny
. 217.Goodbye to Clean Couple
. 218.$100 Deposit
. 219.Books Don’t Grow on Trees
. 220.A Murder-Suicide
. 221.New Store and Its Owners
. 222.Hit-and-Run Charge
. 223.Gasoline Prices Hit Record High
. 224.A Festival of Books
. 225.Crazy Housing Prices
. 226.Happy and Unhappy Renters
. 227.Pulling Out Nine Tons of Trash
. 228.Cloning Pets
. 229.Rentals at the Oceanside
. 230.Trees Are a Threat
. 231.Gets Booked, Writes a Book
. 232.Popular Park Reopens
. 233.Swim Classes Begin Soon
. 234.Not Sitting Around
. 235.Get Millions for Homeless
. 236.Tenants Watch Building Burn
. 237.Bathtub Blues
. 238.Blood Drive at Civic Center
. 239.City Hosts 42nd Art Fair
. 240.City and Crime
. 241.Bank Robbery
. 242.Immigration Goes Online
. 243.Jimmy Fixes His Door
. 244.Needs a New Air-Conditioner
. 245.Man Gets 12 Years for Fraud
. 246.Man Shoots Up Post Office
. 247.Murals Are Over 200 Years Old
. 248.Pier Collapses
. 249.Cameras in Police Cars
. 250.A School Girl Sues Her School

. 251.SUV Driver Sends Officer Flying
. 252.Boy Drowns in Neighbor's Pool
. 253.Woman Dies in House Fire
. 254.Plane Crashes into House
. 255.Fishing for Girls
. 256.Shot Next to Christmas Tree
. 257.Stabbed Outside Nightclub
. 258.Fishing Boat Sinks
. 259.The Mysterious Carport Stain
. 260.Lies About Winning Lottery
. 261.Victory Dance Leads to Death
. 262.Eat Your Vegetables
. 263.Honk if You're in a Hurry
. 264.The Man Who Loved Women
. 265.How to Get out of Jury Duty
. 266.The Way to a Man’s Heart
. 267.Female Seeks Mature Male
. 268.Let’s Go Fishing
. 269.Train Wreck “Frees” Cows
. 270.Valuable Guitar Found
. 271.Stepmother Kills Herself
. 272.Beautiful Teacher Smiles
. 273.Are Criminals Taking Over LA?
. 274.Police Arrest Happy Van Driver
. 275.Say Your Prayers
. 276.The Final Phone Call
. 277.Almost Perfect Children
. 278.There Goes the Neighborhood!
. 279.Let’s Go to Vegas!
. 280.Squirrel Attacks Woman
. 281.To Save His Baby
. 282.English Is Confusing
. 283.Pump Up the Tires
. 284.Don’t Go Swimming
. 285.The Park That Went to the Dogs
. 286.Can You Spare a Carburetor?
. 287.Golf Like a Girl
. 288.Take Me Out to the Ball Game
. 289.Take This Job and Shove It
. 290.Where Did That Book Go?
. 291.When You’ve Got Your Health
. 292.That ‘New Car’ Smell
. 293.Inviting Poor Student to Dinner
. 294.When I'm in the Bathroom
. 295.It Was an Old, Worthless Clock
. 296.Five-Finger Discount on Candy
. 297.Collecting Seashells
. 298.At the Store Entrance
. 299.We Will See the World
. 300.Get Me a Caffe Latte

. 301.The Slow Computer-1
. 302.The Slow Computer-2
. 303.The Careful Reader
. 304.Avoid the Flu
. 305.Magician Attracts Women
. 306.US Border Patrol
. 307.Car Shopping in California
. 308.Happy Anniversary
. 309.“Read All about It!”
. 310.A Factory Worker
. 311.Bad Pork
. 312.Don’t Eat the Meat
. 313.Copper Robbers
. 314.Weekly Driving Lessons-1
. 315.Weekly Driving Lessons-2
. 316.Laundry Day-1
. 317.Laundry Day-2
. 318.The Bargain CD Set-1
. 319.The Bargain CD Set-2
. 320.It’s All Over
. 321.The New Clothes-1
. 322.The New Clothes-2
. 323.Food as Punishment
. 324.US Passports Outsourced
. 325.The Demanding Son
. 326.A Practical Joke
. 327.The Dead Pedestrian
. 328.Bad News, Good News
. 329.The Cluster Balloonist
. 330.The Rude Clerk
. 331.The Tax Charge
. 332.The Fire in the Hills-1
. 333.The Fire in the Hills-2
. 334.The Vacuum Cleaner Filter-1
. 335.The Vacuum Cleaner Filter-2
. 336.The Rental Car-1
. 337.The Rental Car-2
. 338.The Marathon Cheater
. 339.School Bus Crashes
. 340.Don’t Take My Property
. 341.New Law for Taco Trucks
. 342.The Refund-1
. 343.The Refund-2
. 344.Shut Your Mouth
. 345.TSA’s New Policy-1
. 346.TSA’s New Policy-2
. 347.I’m Pregnant
. 348.Court Approves Same-Sex Marriage
. 349.Impolite to His Brother
. 350.Protecting the Public
. 351.Malibu to License Paparazzi
. 352.I'm Moving to NY
. 353.The Heart Attack-1
. 354.The Heart Attack-2
. 355.Let's Speak English

THE END

Update: October 16th, 2016.
PayPal về email:
[email protected]

Chi phiếu gửi về:
Jimmy Ton
4369 46 St.
San Diego, CA 92115

Việt Nam chuyển tới:
Phạm Thị Tuyết Phượng
Số tài khoản: 4973099
ACB Châu Văn Liêm, TPHCM

Ý kiến về Quỹ VietDitru

ESL đăng ký: Bạn không cần phải đăng ký gì cả. Chỉ việc nhẩy vào bài ESL 1 học và làm bài tập. Tiếp tục những bài kế tiếp càng nhanh càng tốt. Mình sẽ 888 và thỉnh thoảng cùng nhau nhắc nhở cho vui hén. Chứ thật ra việc học là việc của tự bản thân mình. Mình giỏi thì mình được nhờ hén.

Nickname           # bài
-----------------------------------------
Anthonydavetruong 51
BaoLaTinhChua 1
Bluecloud 1
bongbong 3
Brianthao08 2
Brenda 8
Cachua 4
Catandpuppy 2
Chaubaoct 11
Chauongco 2