ESL 219: Books Don't Grow on Trees

Download

A local community college professor decided to fight back. "The price of books for our students is just getting higher and higher and, combined with the rising cost of tuition, it's killing these kids," said Peter Jason, Ph.D. "Remember, students are one of the poorest groups of people in America. Almost half of them have at least one part-time job. In fact, one of my students has three jobs. She is a part-time sales clerk at a clothing store three days a week, then works three evenings a week as a pizza cook, and on weekends she does manicures at a beauty salon. And she still manages to have a high GPA and go to school full-time."

Textbook prices are traditionally high. Adding to that problem, many college instructors change textbooks year after year; they either upgrade to a new edition or switch to an entirely different textbook. This further hurts students because if an instructor no longer uses a particular textbook, that book has no resale value.

Dr. Jason decided to make life a little easier and a lot cheaper for his students by writing his own book on public speaking. "Many books have an increased price because of bells and whistles: CD-ROMs, lots of color photographs, and lots of graphics. I talked to my students, and many of them, like me, prefer to keep things simple. So, during a sabbatical a few years ago, I wrote my own textbook. I made sure that it wasn't long-winded. I called it Successful Public Speaking: How To Be Brief, Concise, and to the Point.

"Compared to most other public speaking primers, mine is half the number of pages, and one-third the price. That is, $30 instead of $90. Plus, it is published in a three-ring binder format. So, when I wrote a second edition last year, students only had to buy the 35 new pages and delete 35 of the original pages. For only $7.00, they had upgraded to the new edition. I've had great feedback from my students about this loose-leaf concept. Maybe the word will get out, and more writers and publishers will try it."

392280 top -

*Vocabulary:

• binder:
• concise:
• delete:
• graphics:
• manicure:
• original:
• photograph:
• primer:
• sabbatical:
• salon:
• tuition:
• wind:
• bells_and_whistles:
• loose_leaf:

=====================

*Yes/No Questions:

• Did the professor decide to fight back?
• Is the price of books getting higher?
• Is the cost of tuition going down?
• Does Ph.D. stand for Pharmacy Doctor?
• Are textbook prices traditionally high?
• Do many instructors use the same book year after year?
• Did Dr. Jason write his own book?
• Does Dr. Jason prefer to keep things simple?
• Is Dr. Jason's book longer than other books on public speaking?
• Is Dr. Jason's book cheaper than other books on public speaking?

=====================

*Fill in blanks:

A local community college professor decided to fight _____ . “The price of books for our students is _____ getting higher and higher and, combined with the _____ cost of tuition, it’s killing these kids,” said _____ Jason, Ph.D. “Remember, students are one of the _____ groups of people in America. Almost half of _____ have at least one part-time job. In fact, _____ of my students has three jobs. She is _____ part-time sales clerk at a clothing store three _____ a week, then works three evenings a week _____ a pizza cook, and on weekends she does _____ at a beauty salon. And she still manages _____ have a high GPA and go to school _____ -time.”

Textbook prices are traditionally high. Adding to that _____ , many college instructors change textbooks year after year; _____ either upgrade to a new edition or switch _____ an entirely different textbook. This further hurts students _____ if an instructor no longer uses a particular _____ , that book has no resale value.

Dr. Jason_____ to make life a little easier and a _____ cheaper for his students by writing his own_____ on public speaking. “Many books have an increased _____ because of bells and whistles: CD-ROMs, lots of _____ photographs, and lots of graphics. I talked to_____ students, and many of them, like me, prefer _____ keep things simple. So, during a sabbatical a _____ years ago, I wrote my own textbook. I _____ sure that it wasn’t long-winded. I called it _____ Public Speaking: How To Be Brief, Concise, and _____ the Point.

“Compared to most other public speaking _____ , mine is half the number of pages, and _____ -third the price. That is, $30 instead of $90. _____ , it is published in a three-ring binder format. _____ , when I wrote a second edition last year, _____ only had to buy the 35 new pages_____ delete 35 of the original pages. For only_____ .00, they had upgraded to the new edition. I’ve _____ great feedback from my students about this loose-leaf _____ . Maybe the word will get out, and more _____ and publishers will try it.”

====================

*Translate into Vietnamese:

392282 top -

*Vocabulary:

• binder: kết hợp
• concise: nhắn gọn, súc tích
• delete: xoá
• graphics: hình ảnh
• manicure: làm móng tay,
• original: gốc
• photograph: hình
• primer: đầu tiên
• sabbatical: thời gian/giấy phép cấp cho giảng viên đại học đi du khảo
• salon: phòng khách
• tuition: dạy học
• wind: gió, tháo rời
• bells_and_whistles: chuông và tiếng huýt sáo
• loose_leaf: lá rụng

==========================================================

*Yes/No Questions:

• Did the professor decide to fight back? Yes

• Is the price of books getting higher? Yes

• Is the cost of tuition going down? No

• Does Ph.D. stand for Pharmacy Doctor? No

• Are textbook prices traditionally high? Yes

• Do many instructors use the same book year after year? No

• Did Dr. Jason write his own book? Yes

• Does Dr. Jason prefer to keep things simple? Yes

• Is Dr. Jason's book longer than other books on public speaking? Yes

• Is Dr. Jason's book cheaper than other books on public speaking? Yes

===========================================================

*Fill in blanks:

A local community college professor decided to fight __back___ . “The price of books for our students is __just___ getting higher and higher and, combined with the ___rising__ cost of tuition, it’s killing these kids,” said _Peter____ Jason, Ph.D. “Remember, students are one of the ___poorest__ groups of people in America. Almost half of __them___ have at least one part-time job. In fact, __one___ of my students has three jobs. She is __a___ part-time sales clerk at a clothing store three __evenings___ a week, then works three evenings a week __as___ a pizza cook, and on weekends she does ____manicures___ at a beauty salon. And she still manages ___to__ have a high GPA and go to school __full___ -time.”

Textbook prices are traditionally high. Adding to that ____problem___ , many college instructors change textbooks year after year; __they___ either upgrade to a new edition or switch __to___ an entirely different textbook. This further hurts students ______because__ if an instructor no longer uses a particular ____textbook___ , that book has no resale value.

Dr. Jason____decided___ to make life a little easier and a __lot___ cheaper for his students by writing his own__book___ on public speaking. “Many books have an increased ____price___ because of bells and whistles: CD-ROMs, lots of _color____ photographs, and lots of graphics. I talked to___my__ students, and many of them, like me, prefer __to___ keep things simple. So, during a sabbatical a __few___ years ago, I wrote my own textbook. I __made___ sure that it wasn’t long-winded. I called it ___Successful__ Public Speaking: How To Be Brief, Concise, and ___to__ the Point.

“Compared to most other public speaking ____primers___ , mine is half the number of pages, and __one___ -third the price. That is, $30 instead of $90. __Plus___ , it is published in a three-ring binder format. __So___ , when I wrote a second edition last year, ____students___ only had to buy the 35 new pages___and__ delete 35 of the original pages. For only__7___ .00, they had upgraded to the new edition. I’ve __had___ great feedback from my students about this loose-leaf ____concept___ . Maybe the word will get out, and more ____writers___ and publishers will try it.”

Sách không mọc trên cây

Một giáo sư dạy tại đại học cộng đồng quyết định đấu tranh lại. "Giá sách cho sinh viên càng ngày càng cao, và kết hợp với học phí tăng, đó là đang giết những đứa trẻ này," tiến sĩ Peter Jason, nói "Hãy nhớ rằng, sinh viên là một trong những nhóm người nghèo nhất Mỹ. Hầu hết phân nửa họ có ít nhất một việc làm bán thời gian. Thực tế, một sinh viên của tôi có ba việc. Cô ta là một nhân viên bán hàng bán thời gian tại một cửa hiệu quần áo ba ngày một tuần, rồi còn làm ba tối một tuần đứng nấu pizza, và cuối tuần làm móng tay ở tiệm làm đẹp. Và cô vẫn có điểm GPA cao và đến trường toàn thời gian."

Giá sách có ghi chú thường cao. Thêm vào vấn đề, nhiều giáo viên trường còn đổi sách hàng năm; họ nâng cấp sách mới hay đổi sách hoàn toàn. Sinh viên bị thiệt vì nếu không dùng sách đó nữa, quyển sách không còn giá trị bán lai.

Dr Jason quyết định làm cho cuộc sống dễ dàng hơn và rẻ tiền hơn cho sinh viên bằng cách viết sách xuất bản công cộng. "Nhiều sách tăng giá vì những cái chuông và còi: CD-RÓM, nhiều hình ảnh, và nhiều biểu đồ. Tôi nói chuyện với sinh viên, và nhiều người trong số họ, giống tôi, cũng muốn làm đơn giản. Nên, trong thời gian du khảo vài năm trước, tôi đã viết sách. Tôi đảm bảo nó không tháo lâu. Tôi gọi nó là Thành Công xuất bản: Làm sao ngắn gọn, súc tích và đi vào vấn đề.

"So với những lần xuất bản đầu tiên, sách của tôi phân nửa số trang và phần ba giá. Là, $30 thay vì $90. Thêm nữa, xuất bản loại bìa còng ba lỗ. Nên, khi tôi viết tái bản, sinh viên chỉ cần mua 35 trang mới và thay 35 trang gốc. Chỉ với $7.00, họ nâng cấp lên phiên bản mới. Tôi nhận được phản hồi tốt từ sinh viên của tôi về quan niệm rời này. Có thể thế giới sẽ thoát khỏi, và nhiều người viết sách xuất bản sẽ thử nó."

436235 top -
LESSON 219:

BOOK DON'T GROW ON THE TREE -

SÁCH KHÔNG Ở TRÊN TRỜI RƠI XUỐNG.

*Vocabulary:
-----------------------------------------------------------------
• binder: bìa hồ sơ.
• concise: súc tích, ngắn gọn.
• delete: xó đi, bỏ đi, phím xoá(tin học).
• graphics: đồ hoạ.
• manicure: cắt sửa móng tay, làm móng tay.
• original: nguồn gốc, căn nguyên, đầu tiên.
• photograph: ảnh, bức ảnh, chụp ảnh.
• primer: đầu tiên.
• sabbatical: ngày xa-ba, kỳ nghĩ của giáo sư đại học, 7 năm một lần để du lịch hoặc nghiên cứu.
• salon: phòng khách, thẫm mỹ viện.
• tuition: học phí.
• wind: gió.
• bells_and_whistles: phụ kiện.
• loose_leaf: đóng(sách) theo cách có thể tháo ra.

*Yes/No Questions:
-------------------------------------------------------------------
• Did the professor decide to fight back?
- Yes, he did.

• Is the price of books getting higher?
- Yes, it is.

• Is the cost of tuition going down?
-No, it isn't.

• Does Ph.D. stand for Pharmacy Doctor?
- No, it doesn't.

• Are textbook prices traditionally high?
- Yes, they are.

• Do many instructors use the same book year after year?
- No, they don't

• Did Dr. Jason write his own book?
- Yes, he did.

• Does Dr. Jason prefer to keep things simple?
- Yes, he does.

• Is Dr. Jason's book longer than other books on public speaking?
- Yes, it is.

• Is Dr. Jason's book cheaper than other books on public speaking?
- Yes, it is.

*Fill in blanks:
------------------------------------------------------------------
A local community college professor decided to fight back. “The price of books for our students is just getting higher and higher and, combined with the rising cost of tuition, it’s killing these kids,” said Peter Jason, Ph.D. “Remember, students are one of the poorest groups of people in America. Almost half of them have at least one part-time job. In fact, one of my students has three jobs. She is a part-time sales clerk at a clothing store three days a week, then works three evenings a week as a pizza cook, and on weekends she does manicures at a beauty salon. And she still manages to have a high GPA and go to school full -time.”

Textbook prices are traditionally high. Adding to that problem , many college instructors change textbooks year after year; they either upgrade to a new edition or switch to an entirely different textbook. This further hurts students because if an instructor no longer uses a particular textbook, that book has no resale value.

Dr. Jason decided to make life a little easier and a lot cheaper for his students by writing his own book on public speaking. “Many books have an increased price because of bells and whistles: CD-ROMs, lots of color photographs, and lots of graphics. I talked to my students, and many of them, like me, prefer to keep things simple. So, during a sabbatical a few years ago, I wrote my own textbook. I made sure that it wasn’t long-winded. I called it Sucessfull Public Speaking: How To Be Brief, Concise, and to the Point.

“Compared to most other public speaking primers , mine is half the number of pages, and one -third the price. That is, $30 instead of $90. Plus, it is published in a three-ring binder format. So, when I wrote a second edition last year, students only had to buy the 35 new pages and delete 35 of the original pages. For only $7.00, they had upgraded to the new edition. I’ve had great feedback from my students about this loose-leaf concept. Maybe the word will get out, and more writers and publishers will try it.”

------------------------------------------------------------------
Một giáo sư ở trường cao đẳng cộng đồng địa phương quyết định phản công. "Giá bán sách cho các học sinh của chúng tôi tăng lên từng ngày và, kết hợp với việc tăng chi phí học phí, điều đó đã giết chết những đứa trẻ này," Tiến sĩ Peter Jason nói. "Hãy nhớ rằng, các em sinh viên là một trong những nhóm người nghèo túng nhất ở Hoa Kỳ. Gần một nửa sinh viên có việc làm bán thời gian. Thực ra, một trong những sinh viên của tôi có ba việc làm. Cô ấy là một nhân viên bán hàng bán thời gian làm việc ba ngày một tuần ở một cửa hàng quần áo, sau đó làm việc ba đêm một tuần như là một người thợ làm bánh pi-za, và cuối tuần làm thợ chăm sóc móng tay ở một cửa hiệu chăm sóc sắc đẹp. Và cô vẫn đạt được điểm trung bình học lực cao và đến trường toàn thời gian."

Giá bán sách giáo khoa thường có truyền thống cao. Bổ sung vào vấn đề đó, rất nhiều trợ giáo ở các trường cao đẳng thay đổi sách giáo khoa theo từng năm; họ hoặc nâng cấp lên ấn bản mới hoặc chuyển sang sách giáo khoa khác hoàn toàn. Điều này làm cho sinh viên khó khăn hơn vì nếu một trợ giáo không sử dụng một cuốn sách giáo khoa cụ thể, cuốn sách đó không còn giá trị để bán lại nữa.

Tiến sĩ Jason quyết định làm cho cuộc sống của các sinh viên dễ chịu hơn một chút và rẻ hơn rất nhiều bằng cách viết một cuốn sách của riêng ông về diễn thuyết trước công chúng. "Nhiều cuốn sách có giá bán tăng cao vì kèm theo các phụ kiện như: các đĩa CD-ROMs, rất nhiều ảnh màu, và nhiều hình ảnh minh hoạ. Tôi trò chuyện với các em học sinh, và rất nhiều em, giống như tôi, thích những thứ đơn giản hơn. Do đó, trong suốt kỳ nghĩ phép cách đây vài năm, tôi đã viết cuốn sách giáo khoa của mình. Tôi bảo đảm cuốn sách không dài dòng. Tôi đặt tên cho cuốn sách là Để thành công khi diễn thuyết trước công chúng: Bí quyết phát biểu ngắn gọn, súc tích và đi thẳng vào vấn đề.

So với hầu hết những cuốn diễn thuyết trước công chúng đầu tiên , cuốn của tôi có một nửa số trang, và một-phần ba giá thôi. Nghĩa là, chỉ có 30 đô-la thay vì 90 đô-la. Thêm vào đó, nó được xuất bản dưới dạng giấy được đục lỗ có vòng kim loại xuyên qua để dễ dàng tháo, ráp. Vì thế, vào năm ngoái, khi tôi viết ấn bản thứ hai, các sinh viên chỉ cần mua 35 trang mới và bỏ đi 35 trang ban đầu. Chỉ với 7 đô-la, các em có thể nâng cấp lên ấn bản mới. Tôi nhận được rất nhiều ý kiến phản hồi từ các sinh viên về khái niệm tháo-ráp này. Có lẽ sách sẽ xuất bản rộng rãi, và có thêm nhiều tác giả và nhà xuất bản sẽ thử xem thế nào."

474571 top -

. 1.New To America
. 2.A Haircut
. 3.The Yardman
. 4.Grab Your Umbrellas
. 5.Shopping for Bargains
. 6.Horses to Ride
. 7.A Shower Injury
. 8.Pete's Sharp Knife
. 9.A Good Sandwich
. 10.Sara's Upset Stomach
. 11.Please Marry Me!
. 12.Laundry Day
. 13.A Noisy Neighbor
. 14.The New Realtor
. 15.The Fire Alarm
. 16.Eddie's Short Visit
. 17.Carbon Monoxide
. 18.A Visit to Asia
. 19.School Boys
. 20.The Loose Button
. 21.The Pile of Paper
. 22.Brushing and Flossing
. 23.Raising the Kids
. 24.A Clean Toilet Bowl
. 25.A Love Letter
. 26.A Bird Attacks
. 27.A Daytime Robbery
. 28.Trick or Treat
. 29.The Motorcycle Rider
. 30.Spock Saves His Dad
. 31.Provider Overbills Customer
. 32.The Breakup
. 33.Famous Model Dies
. 34.Shopping Carts Everywhere
. 35.Four Slit Throats
. 36.Does Garlic Mean Garlic?
. 37.A Jealous Girlfriend
. 38.Towns Hit by Snowstorms
. 39.Another Jealous Girlfriend
. 40.She Loves Her Son
. 41.The Doctor’s Exam
. 42.Hospitals Can Make You Sick
. 43.English Is So Hard
. 44.Hollywood Stars and Tourists
. 45.GEICO’s TV Lizard
. 46.Law and Order in LA
. 47.Destruction of Iraq
. 48.Have You Seen This Man?
. 49.LA Traffic Report
. 50.LA Radio News

. 51.Trash Truck Misses Pick-up
. 52.Her First Driving Accident
. 53.You’re Not a Good Principal
. 54.I’ve Got You Covered
. 55.Paris Goes to Jail in LA
. 56.A Year with No TV
. 57.Let’s Buy Some Paint
. 58.I Need Water for My Clients
. 59.Putting Bunny to Sleep
. 60.Where Is That Darn Battery?
. 61.If You Really Love Me…
. 62.The Wedding Gift (1)
. 63.The Wedding Gift (2)
. 64.Does a Tiger Change Its Stripes?
. 65.No Place Like an Open House
. 66."We Could Have All Died!"
. 67.It’s the Thought that Counts
. 68.Who Ordered the Scallops?
. 69.You’re Not My Daddy
. 70.Let He Who Is Without Sin…
. 71.Shopping at the 99 Cents Store
. 72.Betting Big in Vegas
. 73.Priced to Sell!
. 74.The Handyman Comes
. 75.A Woman Has Needs
. 76.A Hot Day and a Cool Pool
. 77.Up, Up, and Away
. 78.Man's Best Friend
. 79.Six Feet Under
. 80.An Unhappy Worker
. 81.Why the Sky Is Brown
. 82.It’s a Small World
. 83.Suspicious Shoppers
. 84.Death Is Part of Life
. 85.Tagger Shoots Woman
. 86.Crime on the Rise
. 87.Too Soft on Crime
. 88.Pluto Chases Kid
. 89.In Harm’s Way
. 90."Semper Buy"
. 91.A Little Respect, Please
. 92.A Dream from Beyond-1
. 93.A Dream from Beyond-2
. 94.A Trip to Egypt
. 95.No Doughnuts for Old Folks
. 96.It’s Just Business
. 97.A Walk in the Wild
. 98.Elvis Is Alive and Well
. 99.Bad Weed, Bad Call
. 100.Shark Attack

. 101.Love in the Hospital
. 102.Interstate Bridge Collapses
. 103.Stop Selling Those Bunnies
. 104.Actor Tries to Kill Himself
. 105.US Senator Says He’s not Gay
. 106.E.Coli Is Everywhere
. 107.Influenza
. 108.The Hospital Orderly-1
. 109.The Hospital Orderly-2
. 110.Flower Power
. 111.Dog Inherits Millions
. 112.Man Holds Staff Hostage
. 113.Young Boy Defends Sister
. 114.Remember Me?
. 115.The Way to a Man’s Heart
. 116.Sail Around the World
. 117.New Dog-Barking Law
. 118.Man Flies in Lawn Chair-1
. 119.Man Flies in Lawn Chair-2
. 120.Cleaning a Dirty Plate
. 121.Her Driving Lesson
. 122.Hurricane Dean
. 123.Adventurer Disappears
. 124.Nursing Student Disappears
. 125.The Lovely Banana
. 126.Smells like Chicken
. 127.The Wedding-1
. 128.The Wedding-2
. 129.The Waiter
. 130.Your Country Thanks You
. 131.D.B.Cooper Lives On-1
. 132.D.B.Cooper Lives On-2
. 133.I’m No Alcoholic!
. 134.48 Homes Burn Down-1
. 135.48 Homes Burn Down-2
. 136.Drought Attacks Georgia
. 137.A Bad MRI Experience
. 138.Body in a Barrel-1
. 139.Body in a Barrel-2
. 140.Red Meat, Gray Water
. 141.All Bite, No Bark
. 142.Tiger Kills Two Men-1
. 143.Tiger Kills Two Men-2
. 144.Red Flowers Make Her See Red
. 145.The Starbucks Robbery
. 146.The Argument-1
. 147.The Argument-2
. 148.The Toilet Tank-1
. 149.The Toilet Tank-2
. 150.Santa Was Molested

. 151.Fire Kills Two Young Girls
. 152.Police Arrest Fire-Starters
. 153.Get out of "Jail"-1
. 154.Get out of "Jail"-2
. 155.New Year Celebrations
. 156.$50K to Waitress-1
. 157.$50K to Waitress-2
. 158.Who Needs School?
. 159.Black Friday
. 160.JFK Assassination
. 161.Don’t Top Off the Tanks
. 162.The Clapper
. 163.Tuberculosis Still Kills
. 164.Old Dogs Become Young Again
. 165.Ham and Eggplant
. 166.A Hole in Her Ear-1
. 167.A Hole in Her Ear-2
. 168.The Drugs Keep Coming
. 169.Missing Husband-1
. 170.Missing Husband-2
. 171.Don’t Get Mad-Get Even
. 172.The Christmas Gift-1
. 173.The Christmas Gift-2
. 174.The Haircut-1
. 175.The Haircut-2
. 176.The Robbery at the Mall-1
. 177.The Robbery at the Mall-2
. 178.The Driving Lesson-1
. 179.The Driving Lesson-2
. 180.The Move to Georgia-1
. 181.The Move to Georgia-2
. 182.I’ll Get a Job in a Restaurant
. 183.A Cleaner River-1
. 184.A Cleaner River-2
. 185.The Spitter
. 186.Kill Those Flies-1
. 187.Kill Those Flies-2
. 188.The Oil Change-1
. 189.The Oil Change-2
. 190.Boy Starts Huge Fire
. 191.Writers Go on Strike
. 192.Please Don’t Hurt Me!
. 193.It’s Just a Little White Lie
. 194.Jury Service in California
. 195.The Rude Golfer-1
. 196.The Rude Golfer-2
. 197.Man Invents Toilet for Cars
. 198.Monkeys Cause Man’s Death
. 199.The Light Eater-1
. 200.The Light Eater-2

. 201.Sara Went Shopping
. 202.Man Injured at Fast Food Place
. 203.A Life-Saving Cow
. 204.Driver Loses Mabel, Finds Jail
. 205.Jerry Decided To Buy a Gun
. 206.Freeway Chase
. 207.Better To Be Unlucky
. 208.Food Fight Erupted in Prison
. 209.How His Pig is Doing
. 210.Goats Being Hired
. 211.A Missing Cat
. 212.Book Him
. 213.Water Under the Sink-1
. 214.Water Under the Sink-2
. 215.Theft Occurs Everywhere
. 216.Eggs and a Bunny
. 217.Goodbye to Clean Couple
. 218.$100 Deposit
. 219.Books Don’t Grow on Trees
. 220.A Murder-Suicide
. 221.New Store and Its Owners
. 222.Hit-and-Run Charge
. 223.Gasoline Prices Hit Record High
. 224.A Festival of Books
. 225.Crazy Housing Prices
. 226.Happy and Unhappy Renters
. 227.Pulling Out Nine Tons of Trash
. 228.Cloning Pets
. 229.Rentals at the Oceanside
. 230.Trees Are a Threat
. 231.Gets Booked, Writes a Book
. 232.Popular Park Reopens
. 233.Swim Classes Begin Soon
. 234.Not Sitting Around
. 235.Get Millions for Homeless
. 236.Tenants Watch Building Burn
. 237.Bathtub Blues
. 238.Blood Drive at Civic Center
. 239.City Hosts 42nd Art Fair
. 240.City and Crime
. 241.Bank Robbery
. 242.Immigration Goes Online
. 243.Jimmy Fixes His Door
. 244.Needs a New Air-Conditioner
. 245.Man Gets 12 Years for Fraud
. 246.Man Shoots Up Post Office
. 247.Murals Are Over 200 Years Old
. 248.Pier Collapses
. 249.Cameras in Police Cars
. 250.A School Girl Sues Her School

. 251.SUV Driver Sends Officer Flying
. 252.Boy Drowns in Neighbor's Pool
. 253.Woman Dies in House Fire
. 254.Plane Crashes into House
. 255.Fishing for Girls
. 256.Shot Next to Christmas Tree
. 257.Stabbed Outside Nightclub
. 258.Fishing Boat Sinks
. 259.The Mysterious Carport Stain
. 260.Lies About Winning Lottery
. 261.Victory Dance Leads to Death
. 262.Eat Your Vegetables
. 263.Honk if You're in a Hurry
. 264.The Man Who Loved Women
. 265.How to Get out of Jury Duty
. 266.The Way to a Man’s Heart
. 267.Female Seeks Mature Male
. 268.Let’s Go Fishing
. 269.Train Wreck “Frees” Cows
. 270.Valuable Guitar Found
. 271.Stepmother Kills Herself
. 272.Beautiful Teacher Smiles
. 273.Are Criminals Taking Over LA?
. 274.Police Arrest Happy Van Driver
. 275.Say Your Prayers
. 276.The Final Phone Call
. 277.Almost Perfect Children
. 278.There Goes the Neighborhood!
. 279.Let’s Go to Vegas!
. 280.Squirrel Attacks Woman
. 281.To Save His Baby
. 282.English Is Confusing
. 283.Pump Up the Tires
. 284.Don’t Go Swimming
. 285.The Park That Went to the Dogs
. 286.Can You Spare a Carburetor?
. 287.Golf Like a Girl
. 288.Take Me Out to the Ball Game
. 289.Take This Job and Shove It
. 290.Where Did That Book Go?
. 291.When You’ve Got Your Health
. 292.That ‘New Car’ Smell
. 293.Inviting Poor Student to Dinner
. 294.When I'm in the Bathroom
. 295.It Was an Old, Worthless Clock
. 296.Five-Finger Discount on Candy
. 297.Collecting Seashells
. 298.At the Store Entrance
. 299.We Will See the World
. 300.Get Me a Caffe Latte

. 301.The Slow Computer-1
. 302.The Slow Computer-2
. 303.The Careful Reader
. 304.Avoid the Flu
. 305.Magician Attracts Women
. 306.US Border Patrol
. 307.Car Shopping in California
. 308.Happy Anniversary
. 309.“Read All about It!”
. 310.A Factory Worker
. 311.Bad Pork
. 312.Don’t Eat the Meat
. 313.Copper Robbers
. 314.Weekly Driving Lessons-1
. 315.Weekly Driving Lessons-2
. 316.Laundry Day-1
. 317.Laundry Day-2
. 318.The Bargain CD Set-1
. 319.The Bargain CD Set-2
. 320.It’s All Over
. 321.The New Clothes-1
. 322.The New Clothes-2
. 323.Food as Punishment
. 324.US Passports Outsourced
. 325.The Demanding Son
. 326.A Practical Joke
. 327.The Dead Pedestrian
. 328.Bad News, Good News
. 329.The Cluster Balloonist
. 330.The Rude Clerk
. 331.The Tax Charge
. 332.The Fire in the Hills-1
. 333.The Fire in the Hills-2
. 334.The Vacuum Cleaner Filter-1
. 335.The Vacuum Cleaner Filter-2
. 336.The Rental Car-1
. 337.The Rental Car-2
. 338.The Marathon Cheater
. 339.School Bus Crashes
. 340.Don’t Take My Property
. 341.New Law for Taco Trucks
. 342.The Refund-1
. 343.The Refund-2
. 344.Shut Your Mouth
. 345.TSA’s New Policy-1
. 346.TSA’s New Policy-2
. 347.I’m Pregnant
. 348.Court Approves Same-Sex Marriage
. 349.Impolite to His Brother
. 350.Protecting the Public
. 351.Malibu to License Paparazzi
. 352.I'm Moving to NY
. 353.The Heart Attack-1
. 354.The Heart Attack-2
. 355.Let's Speak English

THE END

Update: October 16th, 2016.
PayPal về email:
[email protected]

Chi phiếu gửi về:
Jimmy Ton
4369 46 St.
San Diego, CA 92115

Việt Nam chuyển tới:
Phạm Thị Tuyết Phượng
Số tài khoản: 4973099
ACB Châu Văn Liêm, TPHCM

Ý kiến về Quỹ VietDitru

*THÔNG TIN QUAN TRỌNG: Do tình hình dịch COVID-19 diễn biến phức tạp, từ ngày 19/3, Đại Sứ Quán và Lãnh Sự Quán Hoa Kỳ sẽ ngừng phỏng vấn cấp xét thị thực. Toàn bộ lịch hẹn từ ngày 19/3 trở đi sẽ bị huỷ. Xem thông tin chi tiết

ESL đăng ký: Bạn không cần phải đăng ký gì cả. Chỉ việc nhẩy vào bài ESL 1 học và làm bài tập. Tiếp tục những bài kế tiếp càng nhanh càng tốt. Mình sẽ 888 và thỉnh thoảng cùng nhau nhắc nhở cho vui hén. Chứ thật ra việc học là việc của tự bản thân mình. Mình giỏi thì mình được nhờ hén.

Nickname           # bài
-----------------------------------------
Anthonydavetruong 51
BaoLaTinhChua 1
Bluecloud 1
bongbong 3
Brianthao08 2
Brenda 8
Cachua 4
Catandpuppy 2
Chaubaoct 11
Chauongco 2