The sorrowful stories of love
1, 2 - bottom

Marriage
(collect)

When I got home that night as my wife served dinner, I held her hand and said: "I've got something to tell you". She sat down and ate quietly. Again I observed the hurt in her eyes.

Suddenly I didn't know how to open my mouth. But I had to let her know what I was thinking.
"I want a divorce." I raised the topic calmly.

She didn't seem to be annoyed by my words, instead she asked me softly, "why?"

I avoided her question. This made her angry. She threw away the chopsticks and shouted at me: "you are not a man!"

That night, we didn't talk to each other. She was weeping. I knew she wanted to find out what had happened to our marriage. But I could hardly give her a satisfactory answer, she had lost my heart to Jane. I didn't love her anymore.

With a deep sense of guilt, I drafted a divorce agreement which stated that she could own our house, our car, and 30% stake of my company.

She glanced at it and then tore it into pieces. The woman who had spent ten years of her life with me had become a stranger. I felt sorry for her wasted time, resources and energy but I could not take back what I had said for I loved Jane so dearly.

Finally she cried loudly in front of me, which was what I had expected to see. To me her cry was actually a kind of release. The idea of divorce which had obsessed me for several weeks seemed to be firmer and clearer now.

The next day, I came back home very late and found her writing something at the table. I didn't have supper but went straight to sleep and fell asleep very fast because I was tired after an eventful day with Jane.

When I woke up, she was still there at the table writing. I just did not care so I turned over and was asleep again.

In the morning she presented her divorce conditions: she didn't want anything from me, but needed a month's notice before the divorce. She requested that in that one month we both struggle to live as normal a life as possible. Her reasons were simple: our son had his exams in a month's time and she didn't want to disrupt him with our broken marriage.

This was agreeable to me. But she had something more, she asked me to recall how I had carried her into out bridal room on our wedding day.

She requested that every day for the month's duration I carry her out of our bedroom to the front door ever morning. I thought she was going crazy. Just to make our last days together bearable I accepted her odd request.

I told Jane about my wife's divorce conditions. She laughed loudly and thought it was absurd. "No matter what tricks she applies, she has to face the divorce", she said scornfully.

My wife and I hadn't had any body contact since my divorce intention was explicitly expressed. So when I carried her out on the first day, we both appeared clumsy. Our son clapped behind us, daddy is holding mommy in his arms. His words brought me a sense of pain. From the bedroom to the sitting room, then to the door, I walked over ten meters with her in my arms.

She closed her eyes and said softly: "Don't tell our son about the divorce."

I nodded, feeling somewhat upset. I put her down outside the door. She went to wait for the bus to work. I drove alone to the office.

On the second day, both of us acted much more easily. She leaned on my chest. I could smell the fragrance of her blouse. I realized that I hadn't looked at this woman carefully for a long time. I realized she was not young any more. There were fine wrinkles on her face, her hair was graying! Our marriage had taken its toll on her. For a minute I wondered what I had done to her.

On the fourth day, when I lifted her up, I felt a sense of intimacy returning. This was the woman who had given ten years of her life to me.

On the fifth and sixth day, I realized that our sense of intimacy was growing again. I didn't tell Jane about this. It became easier to carry her as the month slipped by. Perhaps the everyday workout made me stronger.

She was choosing what to wear one morning. She tried on quite a few dresses but could not find a suitable one. Then she sighed, all my dresses have grown bigger. I suddenly realized that she had grown so thin, that was the reason why I could carry her more easily.

Suddenly it hit me... she had buried so much pain and bitterness in her heart. Subconsciously I reached out and touched her head.

Our son came in at the moment and said: "Dad, it's time to carry mom out." To him, seeing his father carrying his mother out had become an essential part of his life. My wife gestured to our son to come closer and hugged him tightly. I turned my face away because I was afraid I might change my mind at this last minute. I then held her in my arms, walking from the bedroom, through the sitting room, to the hallway. Her hand surrounded my neck softly and naturally. I held her body tightly, it was just like our wedding day. But her much lighter weight made me sad.

On the last day, when I held her in my arms I could hardly move a step. Our son had gone to school. I held her tightly and said: "I hadn't noticed that our life lacked intimacy."

I drove to office... jumped out of the car swiftly without locking the door. I was afraid any delay would make me change my mind... I walked upstairs. Jane opened the door and I said to her: "Sorry, Jane, I do not want the divorce anymore."

She looked at me, astonished, and then touched my forehead. "Do you have a fever?" She said. I moved her hand off my head.
- Sorry, Jane, I said, I won't divorce. My marriage life was boring probably because she and I didn't value the details of our lives, not because we didn't love each other anymore. Now I realize that since I carried her into my home on our wedding day I am supposed to hold her until death do us apart.

Jane seemed to suddenly wake up. She gave me a loud slap and then slammed the door and burst into tears. I walked downstairs and drove away.

At the floral shop on the way, I ordered a bouquet of flowers for my wife. The salesgirl asked me what to write on the card. I smiled and wrote, “I'll carry you out every morning until death do us apart.”

That evening I arrived home, flowers in my hands, a smile on my face, I ran up stairs, only to find my wife in the bed - dead.

My wife had been fighting CANCER for months and I was so busy with Jane to even notice. She knew that she would die soon and she wanted to save me from the whatever negative reaction from our son, in case we push thru with the divorce. At least, in the eyes of our son, I'm a loving husband...

----------------------------

The small details of your lives are what really matter in a relationship. It is not the mansion, the car, the property, the money in the bank. These create an environment conducive for happiness but cannot give happiness in themselves. So find time to be your spouse's friend and do those little things for each other that build intimacy. Do have a real happy marriage!

175224 top -

It is so touched. Thank you for your so emotional story. Gnite!

175399 top -

Read finished.

I feel so sad. Hic...

175405 top -
So sad!

175430 top -

What you still have in your hand, it's called HAPPINESS.

175473 top -

What a sorrowful story!

Would you like to get another happy ending?

Just read at the end of the sentence:

"I'll carry you out every morning until death do us apart”.

Or

That evening I arrived home, flowers in my hands, a smile on my face, I ran up stairs to find my wife in the old wedding dress. In tears she said: “You saved my life, honey!” There’s a blood test in her hands, it said nothing wrong with her.

Happiness

It's true that we don't know what we've got until we lose it, but it's also true that we don't know what we've been missing until it arrives.
(collect)

182235 top -

A girl in CD store
(collect)

There was once a guy who suffered from cancer... a cancer that can't be treated. He was 18 years old and he could die anytime. All his life, he was stuck in his house being taken cared by his mother. He never went outside but he was sick of staying home and wanted to go out for once. So he asked his mother and she gave him permission.

He walked down his block and found a lot of stores. He passed a CD store and looked through the front door for a second as he walked. He stopped and went back to look into the store. He saw a young girl about his age and he knew it was love at first sight. He opened the door and walked in, not looking at anything else but her. He walked closer and closer until he was finally at the front desk where she sat.

She looked up and asked, "Can I help you?"

She smiled and he thought it was the most beautiful smile he has ever seen before and wanted to kiss her right there.

He said, "Uh... Yeah... Umm... I would like to buy a CD."

He picked one out and gave her money for it.

"Would you like me to wrap it for you?" she asked, smiling her cute smile again.

He nodded and she went to the back.

She came back with the wrapped CD and gave it to him. He took it and walked out of the store. He went home and from then on, he went to that store everyday and bought a CD, and she wrapped it for him. He took the CD home and put it in his closet. He was still too shy to ask her out and he really wanted to but he couldn't. His mother found out about this and told him to just ask her.

So the next day, he took all his courage and went to the store. He bought a CD like he did everyday and once again she went to the back of the store and came back with it wrapped. He took it and when she wasn't looking, he left his phone number on the desk and ran out...

!!!Rrrringgg!!!

The mother picked up the phone and said, "Hello?"

It was the girl!!! She asked for the boy and the mother started to cry and said, "You don't know? He passed away yesterday..."

The line was quiet except for the cries of the boy's mother. Later in the day. The mother went into the boy's room because she wanted to remember him. She thought she would start by looking at his clothes. So she opened the closet. She was face to face with piles and piles and piles of unopened CDs. She was surprised to find all those CDs and she picked one up and sat down on the bed and she started to open one.

Inside, there was a CD and as she took it out of the wrapper, out fell a piece of paper. The mother picked it up and started to read it.

It said: Hi... I think you are really cute. Do you wanna go out with me? Love, Jacelyn.

The mother opened another CD...

Again there was a piece of paper. It said: Hi... I think you are really cute. Do u wanna go out with me? Love, Jacelyn.

Love is... when you've had a huge fight but then decide to put aside your egos, hold hands and say, "I Love You"

182273 top -
dien dan nay da so khong biet tieng My nen khong quan tam toi bai cua ban

182298 top -
@matrix ơi,
OK mà, sao lại nói thế? Ai thích trau dồi Anh ngữ cũng có thể xem được, đó là tấm lòng của Miah, mình nên trân trọng
Riêng lãng thì rất thích những bài miah post, có nhiều nhận xét rất sâu sắc...

182302 top -
Matrix:

Bạn vui lòng gõ tiếng Việt có dấu. Đây là nơi mọi người có thể trao đổi tiếng Anh và những câu chuyện cảm động, đáng quan tâm học hỏi. Rất vui nếu được bạn hợp tác.

Chào

182309 top -

Article "A girl in a CD store" very touching. Thanks miah.

182316 top -

Rất hay và cảm động, miah!

182361 top -
Thường thì nhận ra được điều gì đó, đôi khi đã là quá trễ! Phải chi... :((

But... Như vậy có lẽ tốt hơn, và có chuyện để miah post! :)

Thanks miah!

182365 top -

Những câu chuyện cảm động đầy tính nhân văn, có thêm người cùng chia sẻ, thì ý nghĩa hơn nhiều.

Cám ơn mọi người đã có cùng cảm xúc với miah.

-------------------------------------------
Điều gì xuất phát từ trái tim sẽ đi đến trái tim.

182830 top -

anh lãng mời miah nghe

Your Soul

182839 top -
The sorrowful stories of love
1, 2

PRONUNCIATION

LESSON 1
LESSON 2
LESSON 3
LESSON 4
LESSON 5